Lists #7, #8, and #9: Size Doesn’t Matter7 July, 2009
These are a few things that have been on my mind recently, yet didn’t have enough entries to really be lists on their own. So, without further ado, three short but interesting lists:
Things That Remind Me of Summer (and make me wish for it at any time of year, even though winter is my favorite season)
- Ray Bradbury (particularly Dandelion Wine, although a lot of his other stuff too)
- Bob Seger (not sure why this one, but it’s always been true)
- The Midwest (whenever I picture an ideal summer, it’s always in the Midwest. Which may have something to do with the other two entries. It’s also odd, because I’ve been in the Midwest in summer. Way too hot for me. But not in my mind…)
Movies That I Hate That Everyone Else Likes (and thinks I should like)
- Fight Club (it’s fine, but not the best thing ever)
- The Usual Suspects (it cheats. I won’t explain, in case you haven’t seen it, but if you have you probably know what I mean.)
- Harold and Maude (HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE)
- Donnie Darko (ditto)
Pulp Fiction, however, which I feel belongs in the same grouping as most of those, I really enjoyed.
Things I Don’t Understand (however hard I try)
- How cranes are put up. (think about it)
- Why cigarettes aren’t prohibitively expensive.
That’s all folks!